Please review our Terms. You must agree to them in order to use our Services. We may change our Terms from time to time so please check them regularly.
Who we are: These Services are owned and operated by SciApps Limited ("we", "us" or "our"). We are a company incorporated in England and Wales, with company number 09277690 and registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ. We call ourselves, SkinNinja.
What we do: We founded SkinNinja with a single vision to help people shop smarter and get what they pay for by providing you with simple tools, websites, mobile applications and platforms to replace sales and marketing noise with personalised, independent and evidence-based product information (the “Services”).
Updates to the Terms: The Services SkinNinja provides you are always changing (we hope, mostly improving!). SkinNinja may revise these terms from time to time without notice to you - although we will only make changes if we think they rare either necessary or reasonable. The most current version will always be published here and will take effect upon publication. By continuing to access or the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
Your SkinNinja Account
You need to be at least 13 years old to use SkinNinja. If you are over 13 but still under 18 you will need to first get the agreement and involvement of your parent or guardian.
Keep your account password safe and let us know if you detect any unusual behaviour on your account.
Password: You are responsible for your Account, all activities taken within it and keeping your password confidential. If you believe there has or may have been use of your Account by a third party, please let us know immediately. We can not and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of any failure to keep your Account secure.
Your use of SkinNinja Services
You are responsible for making sure when your access and use of SkinNinja is in accordance with these Terms. If there are any parts of these terms you don't understand, pleaseask us.
You are also responsible for all content you post in SkinNinja. Keep it nice, legal and honest. Get permission before you publish any content you don't own. SkinNinja does not routinely monitor any content posted by you or other users.
Everything on SkinNinja is protected by intellectual property rights. This means you can't copy or use SkinNinja for any purpose other than for your own personal use without our permission. Please don't hack us or tamper with our systems.
Your responsibilities when you use the Services: It is a condition on your access and use of the Services that you:
- Don't do anything stupid (by that, we mean doing things like posting sexualy explicit content, impersonating or stalking someone or encouraging anyone break the law), or illegal, or do anything in breach of these Terms.
- Keep it nice. This means you will not intentionally or unintentionally harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate anyone else using the Services, or breach their privacy.
- Be honest. Other users will see what you share and sometimes make decisions based on your recommendations so if you publish false or misleading content about yourself or other people, companies, things or products, it harms people who, like you are just trying to shop smarter and get what they pay for. SkinNinja may also kick you off our Services if you do this.
- Don't post spam, advertisements or other non-relevant commercial content.
- Get permission before publish any content that you don't own such as photographs or images of another person (and if a minor, the permission of the minor's legal guardian).
- Don't tamper with, damage, or attempt to tamper with or cause damage to the Services, SkinNinja's systems, or those of our third party providers, partners or licensors. This includes without limitation testing or penetrating any security measures relating to the Services, introducing any malware, virus or other harmful software program, attempting to gain unauthorised access or scrape, crawl or spider or otherwise use the Services or any content for phishing, spamming, trolling or any unauthorised commercial purpose.
- Comply with these Terms.
Content you post or share on the Services: We encourage you to submit and share content with us and the rest of our users. We believe it improves your experience and the experience of our users. The more information we have, the more informed and empowered you and your fellow users will be. Please note that you are solely responsible for any content you post to the Services. We may also use that content in other media or websites. You should only provide content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms.
Content SkinNinja publishes on the Services
SkinNinja relies on information from others when we publish product and ingredient information. While we always try to get it right, we can not make any promises to you about the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any content we publish. In other words, sometimes we might just be plain wrong!
The Services we provide are not meant to be a substitute for professional healthcare advice. If in doubt, you should always consult your healthcare provider for more information about what products you should and should not use.
SkinNinja is not a substitute for personal medical or expert advice: We can not guarantee or make any representations to you as to the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any content or communications posted via the Services, nor no do we endorse any opinions expressed by the users of the Services.
Your use and reliance on any content SkinNinja publishes: Any use or reliance on any content or materials posted on the Services either by us, our users or other third parties is at your own risk.
SkinNinja does not monitor content: SkinNinja does not routinely screen or monitor content posted by users of the Services, we reserve the right to do so and remove any content which violates these Terms or any law (but we are under no obligation to do so). We reserve the right to remove such content from the Services without notice to you.
SkinNinja is not liable to you for any content it publishes: You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to content that might be offensive, harmful inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
Intellectual Property Rights
Everything on SkinNinja is protected by intellectual property rights. This means you can't copy or redistribute any part of it (including our trademarks, source code and product data) or use it for any purpose other than your own personal use without our permission.
Your acknowledgement of our intellectual property rights: You acknowledge and agree that the Service contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content presented to you through the Service is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
Restrictions on your user of SkinNinja: Except as expressly authorised by us, you agree not to copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, adapt, alter, edit, reposition, rebrand, change, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute , scrape, create or compile any form of a collection, directory or database or create derivative works based on the Service or Content, in whole or in part. You agree not to access, or make an attempt to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by us for use in accessing the Service. If you copy or download any part of the Services or Content in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Services will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Your intellectual property rights: You retain your rights, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, to any content you submit or make available through SkinNinja. You grant SkinNinja a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use any content you submit or make available through SkinNinja. This means that:
- We may use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, create derivative works from, and distribute such content in any and all media or distribution methods (whether now known or later developed).
- We may make the content available to other companies, organisations or individuals who partner with SkinNinja for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such content on other media and services.
- No compensation will be payable to you in respect of any of use by Skin Ninja, or other companies, organisations or individuals who partner with SkinNinja with respect to the content that you submit,make available through the Services. You waive all moral rights (or similar or equivalent rights in other jurisdictions) you have in such content to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We may modify or adapt your content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your content as are necessary to conform and adapt that content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media.
SkinNinja links to a lot of third party websites with their own terms of services. These are different from our own so please read them when you visit those sites. SkinNinja can not be responsible for any third party websites that you click out to.
We encourage you to link to SkinNinja - provided you do so responsibly.
This means that:
- If we ask you to remove or change a link to SkinNinja, you do so as soon as possible.
- Unless we agree otherwise, you will not create the impression that there is any association, approval or endorsement with or by us.
- You must ensure any links are used in a fair and reasonable manner and that their use will not damage our reputation or take unfair advantage of it (commercially or otherwise).
- The website you are linking from must not contain offensive, obscene or defamatory material, and must not infringe anyone's copyright, trademarks or other similar rights.
- If anyone clicks on the link you provide to our websites, it must open our website in a new page and not within a frame on your website.
Please note, if you click on a link to buy a product, SkinNinja has no responsibility for the fulfilment or your order. We will not even know what products you ordered. You should contact the retailer from whom you have brought the item directly in respect of any queries you have on the delivery, refund, exchange or return of the items you purchase.
SkinNinja has no responsibility for the fulfilment or your order. We will not even know what products you ordered. You should contact the SkinNinja Partner from whom you have brought the item directly in respect of any queries you have on the delivery, refund, exchange or return of the items you purchase.
Other important things you need to know
SkinNinja changes all the time, every minute of every day in fact! That’s the nature of the Services we provide to you. If we make a mistake or get anything wrong, we will try and fix it as soon as possible but unfortunately we will not be able to compensate you for any loss you may suffer as a result of any use you make of SkinNinja.
If you don’t comply with these Terms, we may terminate the agreement with you and you will be responsible to compensate us for any loss we suffer as a result of your conduct.
Things that we are not responsible to you for: We can not make any representations, warranties (promises), guarantees to you about any of the SkinNinja Services (whether express or implied).
This means that we are not responsible or liable to you for:
- the completeness, accuracy, availability, functionality, fitness for purpose; compatibility, freedom from defects, timeliness, security, performance, availability, or reliability of the Services or any content (including without limitation any inaccurate pricing and product information);
- any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services, or any content;
- the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content and other communications maintained by the Services. SkinNinja makes no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis;
- for any loss or damage caused by a denial-of-service attack, viruses or other harmful material that may infect your computer equipment or smart device due to your use of the Services or any website SkinNinja links to; and
- any planned or unplanned downtime or the Services.
In summary, SkinNinja shall not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any economic losses (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, data, business, anticipated savings or cost of substitute Services); any loss of goodwill or reputation; or any special, indirect or consequential losses; in any case, whether or not such losses were in the contemplation of you and SkinNinja.
We are however responsible to you for any fraudulent misrepresentation or if as a result of our negligence, we cause your death or personal injury. We are also liable to you for anything else we are not permitted by law to exclude.
What happens if you don’t comply with these Terms? Your right to use the Services will cease immediately and we may treat you conduct as a material breach of your agreement with us. This means we may take action such as removing your content, terminate your agreement with us, terminate your ability to provide comments and take other legal action against you.
You also agree to compensate us for any loss that we may suffer as a result of your failure to comply with these Terms.
English law will apply to all our Terms and any disputes about them must be heard in an English Court.
If a dispute arises between you and us, please get in touch with us at email@example.com so we can investigate the issue further with you and get it sorted out as soon as we can.